Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the New Mexico Forest Industry Association (NMFIA) was established in 2007 as a non-profit corporation. We are a federally recognized 501(c)(6) organization. NMFIA’s objectives include the following:
1. Promote healthy forests;
2. Promote community based economic development;
3. Promote sound forestry practices for the benefit of our forests and the forest
4. Promote and provide public relations for the forest industry and to stimulate
interest, use and involvement in the forest products industry;
5. Provide members and others with opportunities for dialog, education, advancement,
and improvement in all aspects of the forest industry;
6. Promote, foster and develop industry standards, research and development, quality
control and industry integrity;
7. Articulate and advocate as a focused voice the needs and interests of the forest
industry before local, state and federal governments;
8.Operate as an official trade association of the New Mexico forest industry for the
purpose of promoting the common business interests of its members.
NMFIA is supported by a combination of revenue streams which include member dues, donations, fee-for-service programs, and grants.
Update: revised versions (PDF) of our Strategic Plan and the Association By-laws.
For questions please contact:
New Mexico Forest Industry Association